Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm Alive

I feel like I have started to write this post so many times and then end up deleting it.  Where have I been you ask?  Well . . .

as you guys know, I finally followed my dream and became a travel agent back in the Spring.  It has been absolutely wonderful and I love every, single minute of it; however, it does keep me very, very busy.  Over the summer I went into the office two days a week but once Kanin went back to school then I scaled it back to just one day a week.  I thought that once the Fall got here and we got back to a more normal routine that I would have some breathing room but that just hasn't been the case.  In fact, I think it has gotten even worse.

Beside my travel agent gig, I have also been merchandising for a book company for Michael's Crafts.  That job is only supposed to be part-time but I currently am servicing 4 stores.  Between 20-25 hours a week at Michaels (AFTER Scott gets off work so I never even leave the house until after 2:00pm) and going into the travel office 1 day a week, I barely have time to breathe.  Add to this that Gracie has started dance, Kanin is playing baseball, and poor Boo Boo is STILL not potty-trained . . . I am definitely not winning any Mother of the Year awards.

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that something has to give.  I barely have time to do anything "fun" with the kids.  My justification for keeping the merchandising gig has been that it practically paid for our vacation and Christmas is only a few shorts months away and it would be really nice to use all of my money for Christmas presents this year but I just don't know how much longer I can keep up this facade that I can handle everything.

I have missed blogging.  I've missed reading all of YOUR blogs.  Thank God for my real-life friend Holly at Where We Can Live Like Jack and Sally or I wouldn't even have known that my original favorite blogger, Sarah from Clover Lane, had had another baby.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the work and there is no pity-party going on here, I just wanted you all to know that I am still here and I am still breathing.  I've been told that help is on the way with the merchandising job so I am hoping that over the next couple of weeks that I will at least be able to write once a week again.

And just because every post deserves a picture, check out my Sweet Baby.  I could just eat him up.


 

3 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how crazy it all is. I don't have any part time jobs and I feel worn out. Awesome that you are doing it all and keeping it all together!
    Btw, my Carter is still not potty trained either. Just can't get completely committed.
    Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right... Caleb is looking more and more like Kanin.

    Also, I don't know how you are wearing so many hats. It would have to be a tough decision with the holidays just around the corner. I remember how it was when I was working full time and cleaning houses on the side. It felt like the little things were slowly slipping away.

    Hang in there, April! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to catch up on your site. Like you my life has been crazy busy and finding time to blog has been difficult so don't feel bad about not blogging! It looks like your family was really happy on the trip to Mexico. Looking forward to checking up on your blog more often now that things are getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete