1. My favorite Christmas was . . .what a HARD question! I love all Christmases (yes, that is correct . . .look it up) but I guess the most memorable was the year that I got engaged, 2005. Scott and I had been dating for about a year and a half and I was beyond ready to "get this show on the road". All the way to his sister's house I was giving him the loud "hints" about wanting a ring. Little did I know that he had a ring in his pocket the whole time. He had gone through the trouble of creating a scrapbook of our entire life together and the last page had a page with a ring that said, "Will you marry me?" and then, of course, he was down on his knee. Needless to say, I was a wreck.
2. The worst Christmas I had was . . .2008. Due to unforeseen circumstances, Scott and I had to hurry up and move out of our rental. We found, bought, and moved in to our current house within 45 days. I was 4 months pregnant with Caleb in December and when we moved on December 23, it was very stressful. I already had our rental house decorated for Christmas so we just packed up our Christmas tree with the lights and ornaments already on it and loaded it on the moving van. I ended up so depleted that I caught the flu and woke up on Christmas Day with the full-on flu. It was so bad and I was so dehydrated that I ended up in the hospital for about 48 hours. I woke up and watched the kids open their presents, in between puking, and then had Scott drive me to the hospital. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemey.
3. The one gift that made me scratch my head and say hmmm . . .this is a stumper, too. I can't remember any gift that I didn't appreciate. There have been some gifts where I thought, "Ok, that wasn't very exciting" but, at the same time, I understood why I was receiving them . . .because they were things that I wanted and would never have bought myself.
4. One year I . . .re-gifted some gifts that the kids had received for birthdays. They were things that the kids had received double of and I just never took them back to the store. My kids never played with these toys an they were brand new but I just didn't go out and buy them.
5. I think the worst gift to give is. . . gift cards. Let me be clear, I love to receive gift cards but I always feel like giving them is taking the easy way out. Having said that, I have given them before because I just didn't know what else to give or I didn't know what toys the kids already had so I have given gift cards.
6. At Christmastime I typically. . .freak out because I have so much to do. I usually focus on the small things like what outfits the kids are going to wear, which Santa Claus we are going to see, when are we going to decorate Christmas cookies, what in the world am I going to get Scott!!! The list goes on and on . . .
7. Typically, family Christmas. . . is so much fun! I love family Christmas weekend.
8. If I could change one thing about the Holiday season . . .it would be that it passes too quickly.
9. It is so hard to buy for . . .Scott! I honestly rack my brain all year long trying to think of cool things to get for him. Usually, though, if he wants something and it is within reason then he will get it for himself. I can't tell you how many times I have had to tell him, "Don't buy that!"
10. My favorite Christmas tradition is . . .after spending all weekend with family opening presents and just having fun, I love going to church on Christmas Eve then coming home and waiting for Santa Claus. I love that on Christmas morning the kids come downstairs and we spend all morning with just the 5 of us opening presents and I make breakfast. Then, at noon, we meet family and friends for a huge Christmas brunch/lunch and then we come back home to play with our gifts. Typically, my parents will come over to see what the kids got and then later on Christmas night we go over to our neighbors' house. I love it!
11. Santa, baby, bring me . . .workout clothes, a punching bag, clothes, set of white dishes, jewelry, a gold watch . . .I'm happy with anything.
I won't win for funniest answers but it was fun to join in this week. If you want to join, just click on the icon above!