Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Look Who Got to See the Coo Coo Trains (Finally)

Over the past year Sweet Baby Caleb has really grown to love coo-coo trains.  A while back there was a Groupon for the 
Museum of Transportation so I jumped on it.  Our plan was to take him to the museum closer to his birthday but it has been so hot here in St. Louis that we held off.  Finally, we had a mild day and decided to take advantage of it.

Since the Groupon was for 4 people we did have to buy an extra ticket.  Overall, though, I think we only spent about $25.  It was money well spent.

I think this smile says it all.  The very first thing we did was ride the red coo coo train.  


After riding around the property, we then went up to see the big trains.  Caleb was in Heaven!  He kept running from train to train and car to car.


There are so many old steam engines, tanker cars, snowplows, etc.  It really is neat to see.




We had a great day.  The kids had fun walking on the tracks.  I told them how when I was a kid there were train tracks in my town and I used to walk them all of the time.  In true form, Gracie asked me why in the world I would want to walk on tracks.

We all thought this snowplough engine was really cool and really big!

All of the kids had fun sitting in the engineer and conductor seats.  

We had a great day together and Caleb threw a fit when we left.  
He really loved seeing the coo coo trains!

2 comments:

  1. so neat! something about boys and choo choo's! so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day! You got some great pictures too! Love the b/w one of them on the tracks. Precious!!!

    ReplyDelete