Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Goals and a Look at my 101 in 1001

Along with everyone else, I am looking at the future and in to 2012 to get some things accomplished.
I started blogging a little over a year ago and I noticed so many people had a 101 in 1001 list.  I thought this was a great idea and I spent quite a few days thinking of 101 things that I would like to do in my life.  To be honest, though, a lot of those things weren't really me and were really more just like fillers to get to the number 101.  I've decided to take another look at my list and only keep the things that really matter to me and the things that I know are attainable in 2012.  I may re-evaluate in a few months.  Who knows? 
I will be replacing the 101 in 1001 pages tab with these new goals for 2012.
So, having said that, here is my new list and my goals for 2012.
1. Take a photography class. 
2. Lose anothe 10lbs. --I actually completed the first 10lbs in 2010 so why not try for 10 more!
3. Take a cooking class.
4. Run a 10k--This 100% depends on my foot/ankle and if it holds up.
5. Read 20 books--50 was on my original list but I think that is asking too much of myself for 1 year.
6. Learn a dance on my Flirty Girl pole and do it for Scott.
7. Create a workout area down in the basement.
8. Clean basement
9. Organize photos
10. Take the kids camping in a tent.
11. Teach kids The Lord's Prayer
12. Donate blood
13. Sign license to be an organ donor
14. Take my t-shirts and Scott's t-shirts and have quilts made.
15. Buy a canvas, paint something, and hang it in my house.
16. Complete the 200 Sit Up Challenge
17. Start or join a book club
18. Start a dinner club with girls
19. Take my children to the Renaissance Festival
20. Participate in a 26 Things Project
21. Go to Napa Valley with Scott
22. Go apple picking and then make apple sauce
23. Get my nose pierced
24. Go to a rock climbing class
25. See Dave at Red Rocks in Colorado
26. Go back to Disney World
28. Take kids to a pottery/ceramic place so they can make gifts.

4 comments:

  1. Love your list! I'll have to remember some of the kid-geared ones for when Cooper is older :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot to accomplish in 2012! Love how you included the kid-focus goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great list for 2012! Good luck to ya and everything centers around your kiddos...LOVE to see that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the list and that you tailored it to what fits you. And I want to take a photography class too! Its so good to write down goals.

    ReplyDelete