Friday, February 5, 2010

Caleb's 1st Tooth and other milestones

Scott and I took Caleb to the doctor today to get his shots:( I always hate shot days. So far, he is doing pretty well and doesn't have a fever or anything.

Anyway, while we were there the Dr was asking me about different milestones and I casually told her that he was starting to teethe because he was chewing on everything. Well, I stuck my finger in his mouth and felt a tooth on his bottom gum! Not only 1 tooth but another one is getting ready to push through, as well I haven't really held him down, yet, to see if I can actually see the tooth but I could definitly feel it.

She also weighed him and took his measurements. He now weighs a whopping 19.14oz, his height is 27 inches and his head circumference is 18 inches. He is in the 75% on everything! Can you believe that little baby that was held over in the Special Care Unit is so big? I sure can't.

We are starting on solids this week, too. I haven't started cereal up to this point because he gets a 1 1/2 T for every bottle as it is but she wants me to actually feed him cereal out of a bowl for a week and then move on to orange veggies for a week. Then, green veggies, fruits and then juice. He will start getting meats at about 1 year.

He is a dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment