Saturday, June 4, 2011

It Happened Again!

I really don't think that I am a hard parent to please, I really, really don't.  I am the first to admit that letting go of Kanin has been difficult with him being in all-day 1st grade but I do try to support the school as much as possible.

Well, it's happened again.  Yet another incident with his school.  I don't know if you recall but back at the beginning of the school year Kanin missed the initial picture day.  I sent him to school on picture re-take day (after contacting the school, sending a letter, and filling out the order form) and they never called him down to get his picture taken.  I wrote about the whole incident HERE (and several other links to other posts about problems with his school).  It ended up that I had to drive him out to the studio of the photographer to have his picture taken and then drive back out and pick up the picks.  Both the school and the photographer apologized profusely that they had missed him on re-take day and both assured me that he would be in the yearbook as his picture was taken within a week of the re-takes at school.  I mean isn't one of the reasons for picture re-take to get pictures of kids who weren't there on the initial day so that they can be in the yearbook?

Well, I when I picked him up yesterday from school the first words out of his mouth were, "I'm not in the school yearbook." 

You're what?!?!  Are you kidding me!!  After that stinkin' school messed up the first time and I had to go out of my way and make an appointment a 7:30 at night and drive you 20 minutes away and then go back and pick the packet up, you are not in the yearbook!!!!

Nope, he wasn't in the yearbook.  Not only was his picture not in the yearbook but his NAME wasn't even in the yearbook.  I was dumbfounded.

In a previous life I was a Jr. High English teacher who also happened to be a sponsor for the school yearbook.  I know how these things work.  You get a list of all kindergarterners, 1st graders, etc and then you compare to the individual teachers' classes and then you figure out which pics you have and which you don't.  If you don't have a picture of a child then you put:  NOT PICTURED!  They did d this, they just didn't have Kanin's name listed.

I called the school but, obviously, there was absolutely nothing they could do about it now.  I'm sure that, once again, when I told them who I was, it's definitely not the first time that I have called the school, that they were wishing that it would have happened to anyone else but my child.  I just don't understand how SO MANY of these types of things keep happening over and over.

FRUSTRATING!  Is it the end of the world, no, but it is just one more reason that I have a lack of trust in most of the staff and administration.  I hate that but it just seems like they do not have their act together.

1 comment: