Wednesday, March 14, 2012

5 Books in 2 Weeks!

A while back I posted a list of goals that I would like to accomplish in 2012.  One of those goals is to read 20 books in 2012.  I don't think that is going to be a problem!!  I have read 5 books in the last 2 weeks. 

The Hunger Games Trilogy-Seriously, if you have not read these books, what are you waiting for?  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G is all that I can say about them!  All 3 of them are fantastic.


Sh*t My Dad Says-This book is so funny.  I was laughing so hard I was crying while reading this book.  Warning, though, there is some bad language in this book but I guess it was softened in my mind by thinking it was coming out of a 70-year-old man's mouth.  (I know that doesn't make much sense)

Growing Up Amish-An interesting look into the hold that the Amish community has over its followers.  There were times that I wish there would have been more examples for the author to make his point but, overall, I was drawn in to the turmoil that he experienced about leaving his family and his religion.  Definitely worth the $3.99 it cost me on the Kindle.


2 comments:

  1. I agree Hunger Games is so good! I couldn't get through the books fast enough and then was very sad I was done so soon and there weren't any more books in the series to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i guess i gotta read the hunger games! i need to jump on board if it's all the rave and everybody's talking about it...i can't be left behind :-)

    ReplyDelete