Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Miscellaneous, um Tuesday?

Yes, I know that most people do their weekend recaps and their Miscellaneous posts on Mondays but I was super busy yesterday taking Disney College of Knowledge classes and just didn't have time to sit down and right a post.  Heck, I barely had time to get the kids and lunch and lay them down for a nap. 

Anyway, on to my weekend . . .

Friday night, I can't really remember Friday night so I'm assuming that nothing spectacular happened.  Oh yeah, Scott was in Memphis Thursday and Friday nights so the kids and I just ordered pizza.  I watched some of the NCAA basketball games and had a fairly early night.

Saturday I took the kids to my parents' house and went to dinner with my 2 gals and then to see the Hunger Games.  Have you seen it yet?  If you have read the books, you absolutely must go see the movie.  It was AWESOME.  Seriously, seriously good.  I've heard people who didn't read the book say that it was good but I still think that there were little parts of the movie that they wouldn't truly understand unless they had read the book.

My favorite part of the movie (don't worry, there are no spoilers here) was:

On a side note, have you heard about the IDIOTS who have been tweeting horrible things because Cinna and Rue were black?  Read this.  In my opinion, he could have just been up on the screen and not said a word for the entire movie.  Definitely my one true celebrity crush.

We went to this fantastic theater in a town called Maplewood.  It has huge leather seats that recline and over 21 section and yes, you can buy beer, wine, etc for the movie.  I think I am spoiled and can never go to another movie theater again.

Sunday was a yard work kind of day.  It was beautiful here in St. Louis, in the 80's, and a perfect day to be outside.  Kanin had baseball practice at 3:00 and the whole family went.  He is really loving baseball.

Back home to watch the Blues game, Let's Go Blues!




No comments:

Post a Comment