Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Kanin's Last Day of School Parade

Today was Kanin's last day of kindergarten.  I can't believe that this year has gone by so fast.  He really loved school and has made some good friends. 

It is a tradition at Kanin's school, Progress South Elementary, to have a school parade the last day of school.  The parade is almost like a rite of passage since the 5th graders will be moving on to middle school and a whole new group of kindergarteners will be coming in.



I had to take a picture of Kanin in the car going to his last day.  I drive Kanin to school so everyday I would pack all 3 kids up in the car and drive him to school.  Since it was half-day kindergarten, I would then turn around 3 1/2 hours later to pick him up.


Here is Kanin crossing the road to enter into the kindergarten door for the last time. 



So cute and sad at the same time.


As part of the PTO, my project was the parade.  We thought that we weren't going to be able to have a parade because the weather was looking bad.  We made it most of the way and then the skies opened up.  It only rained for about 10 minutes but it was enough for everyone to get soaked.

Progress South Eagles
This was so sad for me.  The 5th graders were in the front of the parade and then the kindergarteners.  When I saw them walking up the street I got incredibly sad.  I cannot believe that kindergarten is over and he is going to be in 1st grade.





Gracie went with our friend, Jamie, to watch the parade.  She was so excited to see us in the parade (although you can't tell it here-LOL).




At the end of the parade, all of the kids got a popsicle. 

The final picture with Ms. Byrnes.  I have this same picture on "Meet the Teacher" night.


Here is Kanin going around telling all of his friends good-bye.

Here Kanin is leaving the school as a 1st grader!


1 comment:

  1. Kanin's last day of school parade marks a triumphant conclusion to an academic journey. Amid cheers and waves, students celebrate achievements and bid farewell to this chapter. How Use VPN The parade symbolizes growth, camaraderie.

    ReplyDelete