Friday, June 18, 2010

Working at the Car Wash

Today the kids learned how to wash cars.  I had to go out and take some pics because it reminded me of when I was little, probably about 4 or 5 years old. 

When I was younger I remember washing my parents' car with my friend, Donna, and my sister.  I guess one time my dad told us that if we washed the car he would give us some money, maybe $0.50 or somthing, I can't remember exactly how much.  After that one time, we would just take it upon ourselves to wash the car and then go ask for the money--LOL. 

Of course, I'm not so sure how much of the car really got washed.  It was mostly just a way for us to play in the water and splash each other.  One car had a really slanted back window so we used to climb on top of the car and slide down the back window like it was a waterslide--no, I will not tell my kids that part--LOL.

Isn't it funny how little things can trigger memories?









No comments:

Post a Comment