As you all know by now, I am a huge fan of Sarah at Clover Lane. This week she interviewed a woman named Angela and wouldn't you know it? I've fallen in love with her blog, too. She is a Nonny (Mama, Nana, Granny, Grandma) now and loves her family. While looking through her past entries, she had one about life's simple pleasures and it struck a nerve with me.
I don't think that I appreciate the simple things in life as much as I should. There are so many over-the-top, exciting, adrenaline pumping activities that I think most people have forgotten how to enjoy the little things in life, especially me.
So, I am going to try to list at least 10 life's simple pleasures.
1. The first truly warm day of the year.
2. Taking a nap outside.
3. Laying in front of the fireplace.
4. Summer festivals with lots of food, drinks and music.
How sad is it that I am stuck at #4?
5. Getting a pedicure.
6. Taking a long, hot bath. With only myself in the bathroom.
7. Reading a good book outside under a shade tree.
8. A day with my family. At the Cardinal game.
9. My baby smiling at me.
10. A perfectly ripened watermelon.