Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

This year we had Easter at our house.

We got up really early and started the day off with Easter baskets.  Kanin's basket was WWE wrestling stuff.

This year Gracie and Caleb got pre-made baskets.  It was just easier (and cheaper) and they don't know yet that most of that stuff is just plastic junky toys.


Our great niece, Kenzie, was at our house on Easter morning.  She got this Dora microphone and it was a big hit with everyone.

Here's my handsome man all dressed up.

This is a typical scene at our house.  Gracie was mad and crying about something, Kanin was being good and smiling away, and Caleb wanted to know what was wrong with Gracie.



I guess Gracie got into a good mood sometime during church and I was able to get this awesome picture of her.  She has her Daddy's eyes.

Here we are after church for our picture.  I had to run out on Saturday and get this dark navy shrug.  The one that came with the dress was more of a turquoise blue and it just did not look good.  Overall, I think the navy worked.


Hottie Scottie and me

When I first got into the family it was kind of a joke that I would always make us match at holiday or weddings.  When we were growing up my mom always tried to make us match and both my sister and I have just kept it going.  Anyway, this year my niece, Susie, and my sister-in-law, Sherri, (Susie's mom) got in on the action and each had their own family match.  I think they looked great!

Susie, Doug, and Kenzie

John and Sherri

There is a place in Springfield, IL that makes these cute popcorn bunnies.  Sherri brought them down for all of the kids but I think I love them more than they do.  They are yummy!

My mom and dad

Sherri has a friend that is in the cupcake business.  She made these gourmet cupcakes.  There were all kinds of different ones like Peeps cupcakes and margarita-filled cakes.



After church everyone came back to our house to eat and hunt and dye Easter eggs.

Here is my great nephew, Ben.  Isn't he adorable?

Even though it was sprinkling pretty good, we decided to go ahead and hide and hunt eggs outside.  There were 8 kids hunting and it would have been chaos in the house.

This was the first year for Caleb to hunt eggs.


My nephew, Aidan, found one right out the door.



The little ones needed some help.

Here is my niece, Alison.  I have a feeling that next year she may be moving over to the "hiding" team.  She still had fun hunting this year, though.


All of the kids with their baskets.  My niece, Sarah, even brought Baby Ian (great nephew) out to be in the picture.
 

When we were growing up we always hunted the real eggs that we had dyed the day before.  Scott's family, though, has always hunted plastic eggs filled with candy, money, stickers, and other little goodies.  We had enough eggs for each kid to have 17 eggs.  After hunting, we went back inside and emptied out our eggs.

Here is Aidan and Kanin.  Aidan is my sister's son and is about 1 year and 2 weeks older than Kanin.  When they were little everyone used to ask if they were twins.  With this new haircut, they do look a lot alike.

A rare picture of me and GracieAnn.

After sorting through our plastic eggs, it was time to dye eggs.  We dyed 48 eggs.  Here is my sister-in-law, Debbie, dying eggs with her grandson, Ben.




I hope you all had a fantastic Easter.

1 comment: