Friday, August 5, 2011

A Biter

I knew that it had to happen.  Out of 3 kiddos my Sweet Baby Caleb has turned into a biter.  I never had this problem with Kanin or Gracie so I am at a loss as to what I am supposed to do but for the last 3 days in a row, he has walked up to Kanin and tried to bite him (and has been successful).  He did it today and was caught so I kind of lightly popped him on the mouth . . . believe me, it was lightly but you would have thought I punched him like I was Mike Tyson , he cried forever over it.  I kept telling him, "We do not bite" over and over and then I made him hug and kiss Kanin and tell him he was sorry.

Have any of you had biters?  What did you do?  I need help!

2 comments:

  1. My third was a biter, too. He outgrew it fairly quickly even though while we were in it, it seemed like it was forever. I just did what you are doing... we don't bite and remove him from the situation. I would apologize for him because he was really too young to do that effectively. Best of luck to you! Just remember ... this, too, shall pass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my youngest bit older bro a few times when he took a toy away, let's hope it ends there because I flipped out and did same thing as you. Let's hope it worked! I'm interested to read your comments, to see how to control it if happens again!!! Good luck :(

    ReplyDelete