Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Excellent Time

We had a fantastic time at the Excellence Riviera Cancun.  The ERC is an all-inclusive, adults-only resort located right in between Cancun and Puerto Morelos. 

We were welcomed with a cool towel and a glass of champagne, not a bad way to start off a vacation.
The entry into the resort.

As soon as I had that champagne in hand, I made a dash for the ocean.  I literally ran in to it in my dress and started dancing.  This sweet lady from England noticed us and came over to take our picture.


When we checked into our room, I was shocked at the size of it.  The Excellence goes out of their way to make you feel special when walking into your room.  We stayed in a Junior Suite Pool View (all of the rooms are Junior Suites)


I can't tell you how impressed we were with the level of service at this resort.  Literally, anything that we asked for they would go out of their way to make happen.  Since our first day was the first day of the World Series, we really wanted to watch the game but didn't want to be stuck in our rooms.  No problem, they just pulled a TV out into the open air theater.  It was amazing!  Watching the game with a mariachi band playing, looking at the ocean, and having a waiter bring us drinks is a memory that I will never forget.

Rally caps

We took one day and walked in to Puerto Morelos, about a 35 minute walk down the beach.  We did our souvenir shopping, ate some guacamole and pico de gallo at a really cute little taco shop, and played in a park.  It was nice to get away from the resort for a bit.



On the way back from Puerto Morelos, we saw this boat and I just fell in love with it.

Here are some other things we saw on our walk:



On our actual anniversary day Scott and I went to have our "romantic dinner" at the French restaurant on property, Chez Isabelle.

Scott and I had such a good time hanging out with Doug and Susie.  It was great to have another couple to hang out with. 



I had such a great time just being with Scott.  We were so relaxed and actually got over 8 hours of sleep every night (ha!).  I'll leave you with more pictures of the property and just random photos. 

If you'd like to read the review that I wrote on Trip Advisor, click HERE.  (there is a video link at the bottom of the review so you can see our room)







9 comments:

  1. The pictures are amazing, you look amazing, and a vacation right about now sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! What a FUN vacay. The resort looks amazing. I SOOO need a vacation. Someday, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a blessing that you were able to celebrate your anniversary in Mexico! It woulds like a fabulous trip and the resort is gorgeous. Happy Anniversary to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh that looks so peaceful, relaxing, and WARM!!!! Glad you guys had a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic and so relaxing! Glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh it looks gorgeous and SO relaxing! Glad it was a great time :) I wanna be laying on that beach RIGHT NOW...is that possible? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fabulous vacation...makes me want to go back to Mexico!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful resort!! Looks like you had a great time! You took lots of wonderful pictures!! So glad your honeymoon was all you hoped for!!

    ReplyDelete