Sunday, February 27, 2011

Meeting Holly and the Pioneer Woman-Words and Pictures

Ok, I decided to break this up into 2 parts or it was just going to be incredibly long.

First of all, I am so happy to say that I finally met my first real-life blog friend, Holly.  I met Holly about a year and a half ago on a different, local STL site.  I think she was my first blog follower that wasn't a family member.  Holly has a sweet little boy, Haven, and a funny (sometime guest-poster) husband, Chris.  I forgot to ask Holly the story behind her blog title,
Where We Can Live Like Jack and Sally.  I had to laugh because Holly brought her sweet sister, Noel, along with her just in case it was weird or awkward.  LOL.  Poor Noel, didn't really care about PW and had no clue about all of the blogs we were talking about but she was a trooper!

Here is Holly and me getting ready to walk in to have our books signed.

Before we actually got to meet PW, this is what we saw: 



Can you believe that?!  The event was scheduled to start at 6:00.  We got to the library right around 5:15, thinking we'd be early.  Nooooo.  There were people who had been "camped" out there since about 4:00.  Wrapped in blankets.  With their little coolers.  Really?  I mean I think the PW is as cool as the next person but I would not have sat out in that cold weather for over 2 hours just so I could sit in the front row during her 10 minute talk.  Now, Dave Matthews . . . that's another story.  LOL

When we got inside they handed us these little tickets that had Row #'s on them.  Ree would be signing books by row #.  There were 40 people for every row#.  We were Row #8.



Ree talked for about 5 minutes and then did about 10 minutes of Q&A (I'm going to post the videos on a different post).  Then, off she went to a separate room to start the book signing.

Holly, Noel, and I thought it was really weird but PW's husband, Marlboro Man, was there and had his own line to sign autographs.  I understand that he is an integral part of Ree's story but I just thought it was really weird that all of these women were waiting in a huge line to get his autograph and, basically, swooning all over him. 

So, Ree's little presentation lasted for about 15 minutes and about 2 1/2 hours later.  Yes, you read that right 2 1/2 hours later, we finally got to meet her, get our books signed, and take a picture.  She was really sweet and taking time to talk to each and every person so I guess that is why it took so long.  She asked about our families, commented on my outfit (yay!), and just seemed really genuine.  And beautiful.



No, I didn't end up wearing my make up shirt.  I had it on but then I was afraid that I would be too underdressed. 

Meeting PW was great but the BEST part of the night was hanging out with Holly and Noel.  I am so happy that we finally got to meet each other in person and I can't wait to meet little Haven and Chris.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. It is my DAUGHTER'S girls....my DIL has the boy. Anyway, we get their clothes at different places. We buy lots through on-line stores, Facebook stores (Sweet Baby Tutu, etc). I live near the Peaches N Cream Outlet and the Patsy Aiken Outlet so that helps too. My daughter has a favorite children's shop near her house and she buys off season when they go on sale. We are both addicted to shopping for them!

    Love this post about PW...and funny that Marlboro Man had his own line for book autographs!!

    Love the shirt you wore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to see pics of YOU for a change! You looked beautiful. What a fun night! That is a little weird about Marlboro Man...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks! Hopefully I'll look about 5 lbs lighter at the end of this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had such a great time meeting you!! The videos are so funny to watch! Let's meet for drinks soon. :)

    ReplyDelete