Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Morning Tyrade



 
I woke up in a good mood today.  I really did.  I did my normal go-to-the-bathroom thing and then when I walked out, it was like I was seeing my house for the first time.  I must have still been blinded by sleep on my way to the bathroom because when I came out and took a look around, I was a whole, new Mommy.
 
It all started when I sat down to separate the folded laundry into piles.  Being a family of 5 I have to do laundry every day.  If I skip one day of laundry, it is piled up and takes me forever to finish it.  When finished, I carry it all upstairs and then lay it out into 5 different piles.  Once the clothes are all piled up, I have Kanin come put his clothes up and then I put up everyone else's.  I cannot stand this job.  Yes, I understand that it is necessary but it is just so time consuming.  Of all the household chores, laundry is my least favorite.  I think because it is never-ending.
 
While sitting there laying out the laundry, I glanced up into the playroom and, for some reason, I just snapped.  I had had enough.
I immediately started yelling at the kids and telling them, "Get in that playroom and start picking up those toys." 
 
I think the commotion startled Scott and he asked what was going on . . . wrong thing to ask. 
 
"I am tired of being the ONLY one who picks up around here.  I can't keep up.  There is no way for me to do the deep-cleaning things like scrub toilets and wash windows when I can't even walk through this house!  I am tired of living like pigs!!!"
 
I'm pretty sure that he would have loved to have just said, "Oh" and roll back over to sleep but I'm also pretty sure that he realized that was not the right answer.  LOL
 
So, he hopped out of bed and helped to clean up and you know what?  It only took about 15 minutes to get that playroom clean.  15 minutes!  It would have taken me 2 hours by myself but 15 minutes with the 3 of us (you can't really count Caleb and Grace because they pretty much make more of a mess).
 
There is still a lot to do . . . laundry, sweeping, mopping, vaccuming, etc. etc but at least I feel like I got help getting it started.
 
I know that one day I will miss all of these little toys, sippy cups, blankets, dolls, cars, Legos, binkys, and diapers laying around everywhere and I try to remind myself of that everyday but sometimes it is hard to believe that I will miss it.  I long for a clean, put-together, nice house.
 
 

11 comments:

  1. I think there needs to be an uprising...and all the moms should protest the amount of work they do around the house vs. the amount of work husbands do! I think every now and then we deserve a good snap, and the kids and hubby need to pitch in!

    Off to do more laundry....

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I'm so with you on this. I have 4 kids and my husband is TDY for 2 years, so I'm doing the laundry, dishes, and picking up after everyone, by myself. There are some days where I blow my top and YELL at the kids to start cleaning up..... I tell them, "I didn't make the mess, so its not fair for me to clean it up". They pull that crapy on me all the time. "I didn't make the mess"!!! "I don't care who made the mess, clean it up". Those words ring through my house everyday. On top of shoese and snow boots, mittens, coats etc etc... all piled at the door..... I wish I could run away sometimes!!!! :) I too have to remind myself that they grow up fast and to enjoy this time with them, but I now know why some animals eat their young!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our job is exhausting and never ending. But a cleaning schedule (I mean schedule what you can really do) help us with mental sanity. And also including your children in chores is hard but well my two years old can: unload the silverware of the washing machine, dump all her sisters diapers, clean her potty, help me cooking.... She's helping me a lot. And well we also have to understand that in this season of life cleaning is not to be a perfect as in other season just because we can't do it all.
    A new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you!!! We are only a family of 3 and laundry is a never ending chore that I dread. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain. Laundry is where I noticed a huge difference when I went from 2 kids to three. It seems silly but somehow it got out of control then. I cannot keep up and getting it put away is the worst part. You are right--a time consuming job. I used to be the super crazy, everything in it's place kindof housekeeper. But I have had to let myself off the hook and just do the best I can. Somtimes it looks great, others it just looks acceptable and other times I just hope for no unexpected visitors. =)
    Glad you got caught up today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same way. Sometimes I just hit the wall and can't stand the mess! I'm glad everyone pitched in to help. The worst is when the hubby just rolls over and goes back to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know that I feel the same way!!! If i ever get my house clean, within 2 seconds...it's right back to before I ever cleaned...sometimes I think why bother, b/c when I work my butt off to clean or organize, then I'm a b**ch, trying to "keep" it clean. If my floor is already trashed, then I don't really care if there's another spill, ya know?? My kids probably hate me when I try to keep the house "clean"! We need to get back on the cleaning schedule! Sorry, you just got me going this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete