Thursday, February 10, 2011

Toddler Talk Thursdays: A Letter To Your Toddler

It's Toddler Talk Thursdays again and today's topic is to write a letter to your toddler as they are today.  If you want to participate, click on the button below. 

This turned out to be a lot harder than I expected.  



 
Dear Sweet Baby Caleb,
  I wish that I could make you understand how much I love you.  There is no way to let you know how much you have filled my heart and completed our family.  There was a piece missing to our puzzle before you came and you just wiggled your way into that spot perfectly. 
  You scared me those first few hours of your life and the week afterwards but you bounced out of it and no one would know the difference.  I have a feeling, though, that there will be more scares in my future.  With your no-fear attitude, I fear you will be my child with broken bones and stitches.  That's ok, though, because I will be write there to kiss the boo boos and make you feel better. 
  You are funny, sweet, energetic, and smart.  You like to run and jump and bounce.  And climb.  Boy, do you like to climb.
  You love that you always have to stand in the same spot in the family room when we play ball.
  I love watching you grow and learn everyday.  You can say about 20 words and you learn more every single day.  You love to sing and you love to follow your big brother and sister around saying "Geecies" and "Bubba" (Gracie and Bubba). 
  I love that you are easy-going and laid back 99% of the time.  I even love, at least for now, the other 1% when you get mad, pout, and try to throw a fit. 
  I love how sensitive you are.  I hope you keep a bit of that.
  I just love everything about you.
  Your red hair.
  Your blue eyes.
  The way you say "Momma" over and over and if I don't answer the way you get louder with a shortened, "Ma!"  It makes me smile.
  Your sweet little toes and pudgy fingers.
   I love the way you stop and turn to the TV when the Dora or Diego theme songs come on and how you start to dance.
   I love that you will eat whatever I put in front of you without curling up your nose.
   I love that you have started to sing with me on our special "I love you" song.  It is so cute.
   I love when you want to be held you will come over with your arms up and say, "Huggie."  It just melts my heart.
   I love how you have just fitted right into this crazy life and how you made us all fall head over hills in love with you.
  I love that you remind me of Kanin when he was your age.  You have let me re-live a little of his toddler years.  I love that you say "Bob Bob" for Spongebob just like he did.
  I love being your Mommy.  You are one of the greatest gifts I have ever received and I cherish every moment I get to spend with you.

Love,
Mommy


7 comments:

  1. Awww.... lovely!
    Thanks for sharing all the "loves" it makes me love mine just as much.
    CJR @ The Mommy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet sweet baby and sweet letter!

    ReplyDelete