Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I DID IT!

I Did It, I Did It, I Did It!  Hooray!  (If you have little ones, think "Dora, the Explorer" song)

I just finished Day 30 Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.


You guys have no idea how excited I am and even proud of myself.  I have started this workout a couple of times before but never finished it.  Plus, it marks another things off of my 101 in 1001 list.

I wish that I would have taken a before and after picture because I cannot believe the difference.  The workouts were difficult but the hardest part was just making it a priority to do the workouts every, single day.  I actually did 31 workouts because one Saturday I did Levels 1 and 2 because I was afraid that I was going to miss Sunday's workout but I was able to work it in. 

If you don't know about this workout system it is very easy:
1)There are 3 Levels: 
1, 2, 3
2)Each level consists of 3 circuits: 
3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute abs
3)Start at Level 1 and when you are ready, move on to Level 2 and then 3.
4)Within each Level and each circuit there is an advanced and a modified (there are girls that show you each).

**Here are some tips that I picked up and really helped me get through it:

-Start off using 3lb weights--I think I quit the first couple of times because I was trying to use 5lb weights right out of the gate.  I couldn't move the next couple of days.

-Don't try to match rep for rep--Remember, this is a DVD and they DID take several "takes" to make it look fluid.  Just do the exercise for the entire TIME but don't worry about doing the exact number of reps that the pros are doing.

-Mix it up--If you are like me and get easily bored, you may not want to do Level 1 for 10 days in a row.  I switched it up by moving on to Levels 2 & 3 maybe a little early but I would do some of the modified exercises.  For days 15-30, I rotated what I Level I would do.  For example:  Monday-Level 1, Tuesday-Level 2, Wednesday-Level 3; however, by the time I started rotating the Levels, I also used 5-8lb weights for Levels 1 and 2. 
(If this doesn't make sense just e-mail me and I will explain better)

-Don't have too much pride--This is a tough workout.  There are 0 rest days incorporated into it which is totally different than most workout routines.  If you start to feel like you might be developing an injury, your body is really sore, etc. there is NO SHAME in taking it easy on that day.  Do the modified versions of the exercises and use lighter weights (if you have moved up to 5/8lbs).

Now, I am on to my next adventure.  I am going to start
Shred It with Weights on Thursday.  I think I will take a day off tomorrow.  LOL


I am going to supplement with P90X and running.











5 comments:

  1. Awesome! Way to go! I really do want to try this...soon. Thanks for all the tips. I know they will be helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO, so proud of you. I can't wait to start. I've had it for 2 weeks now and couldn't find the motivation.... You have now inspired me. Thanks, friend!!! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had that DVD for a while now and not done anything with it...CONGRATS to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job lady! I keep meaning to start the Shred back up ... but come up with excuses excuses. What differences are you noticing?

    ReplyDelete