Sunday, February 6, 2011

2 Awards!

I have had a very busy last couple of days and haven't really been on a lot.  Sorry!

I am excited to announce, though, that I have been awarded The Versatile Blogger award by Ambrosia from Abrosia Clark.  Ambrosia is a mother, wife, and photographer and she and her husband are getting ready to renew their wedding vows!  How awesome is that?  Check her out here!

Thank you!!

It comes with a few rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Answer 10 questions
3. Pass it along to blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award

The 10 Questions

1. Why did you start this blog?
This blog started as a way for me to record and share my family's memories.  I wanted a place to tell the story behind the pictures and I wanted to be able to share our lives with friends and family.

2. What kind of blogs do you follow?
I follow a lot of family blogs, like mine.  I follow food blogs and get tons of recipe ides for my food blog, Meals For Real.  I do follow some craft blogs but mostly just to see what people are doing.

3. Favorite make-up brand?
I am a Bare Minerals girl but I have a little bit of everything.

4.  Favorite Clothing Brand?
Anything that looks good and makes me look skinny!

5. Indespensable make-up product?
Lip gloss/stick and fake eye lashes

6. Favorite Color?
The color of the St. Louis Cardinals . . .Red!

7. Favorite perfume?
It has been SO long since I've bought perfume.  I don't even know what is out there anymore.  The last I bought was some Vera Wang.

8. Favorite film?
I am not a huge movie person.  Most of the movies I know and like are old . . . Dirty Dancing, Titanic, The Lion King

9. What country would you like to visit and why?
There are so many countries that I would like to visit!  Right off the bat, though, I would say Germany.  I want to go to Oktoberfest, tour the concentration camps, and drink German beer in Germany.

10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or blush on one side of the face?
I would rather forget the blush.  I can always wipe the one side off but mascara would smear everywhere.

Here's who I am passing to:

I also received the Stylish Blogger Award from a sweet new blogger, Mommy 2.0, who pulled me in with this post



I've received the Stylish Blogger Award before (but still love getting it) and answered the questions here.  Now I get to pass it on!



Thank you guys so much for the recognition!

8 comments:

  1. Thank You April!! :D I appreciate you thinking of me! We started our blogs for the same reason or I would have left my last name out of it, lol. Trying to get back to that more! I love Dirty Dancing. They will never get close to the classics! :D Thanks Again for the award & Congrats on yours!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind description!!
    You are a gem <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay- Congrats on the neat awards! You are very deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your awards! And thank you for passing it along! That was a nice surprise today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the award! I was talking about the Five Guys calories last night as well, and we were discussing how much we are consuming without even knowing what we are eating. It was an eye opener, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your awards and thanks for passing one to me!!!! I've never gotten an award before!! Just totally made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your awards, and for sharing the love! I'm flattered and honored!

    ReplyDelete