Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday Workout Blog Hop

I am so excited to join My Fitness World and Let's Move it Momma for a brand new blog hop:


I have been doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred for 16 days, doing Day 17 today!  I can definitely tell a difference in my endurance, stamina, definition, and loss of inches. 

#1 What has helped me with this particular workout video is that I am determined to finish it. 

#2 I workout at the same time every day, when both babies are laying down for their nap.

#3 I do not try to keep up with every single rep that they do on the video but I do not quit.  I start when they starts and get in my own rhythm and don't break my rhythm until it is finished.

#4 I did Level 1 for about 4 days before I moved on to Level 2.  Level 2 for about 4 days and then on to Level 3.  I did this because I didn't want to get bored with the same level over and over again.  When I moved on I wasn't always ready to do the advanced so I just stayed with the adapted version.  Now that I have done it for a while, I continue to rotate each day, i.e. Monday-Level 1, Tuesday-Level 2, Wednesday-Level 3, Thursday-Level 1, etc.  What I have done, though, is move up in weights.  Instead of doing the 3lb weights for Level 1 and parts of Level 2, I have moved up to 5lbs weights.

#5 If there is a move that I cannot do for whatever reason, I modify it but I keep it at the same intensity level.  I cannot do jumping jacks-read about that here-so instead I jump from side-to-side (like jumping over an imaginary line) and I bring my arms up and down just as if I were doing it.

#6 I try to mentally trick myself.  The Shred is 3 circuits consisting of 3 levels within each circuit.  You do strength training for 3 minutes, cardio for 2 minutes, and abs for 1 minute.  Within the 3 minute strength training you do one move for 30 seconds, another move for 1 minutes, go back to the first move for 30 seconds, and the second move for the final minute.  If there is a move that I find hard, I try to picture a clock in my mind with the second hand going around it.  "Ok, that should be about 10 seconds, 20 seconds, etc.". 

After doing the video for these last few weeks, I know that say strength traning x should amount to about 22 reps.  So in my mind, I count by 5's.  I try to totally block out Jillian's voice and just count and breathe to myself.  So 22 reps is only going to 5 four times.  I know that sounds silly but it helps me.

I can't wait to read everyone else's tips, recipes, and motivations!

4 comments:

  1. I also count the reps so I know just how much longer I have to do the move! You are right, it definitely keeps you going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, thanks for joining in :) SO HAPPY that you love 30 day shred, we are loving it too as well as her, 6 week 6 pack! Very good workouts that keep us motivated!!! Thanks for spreading the word about the brand, new HOP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Keep it up!!! Thank you for joining our Workout Blog Hop. Every Wednesday we will have up new exercises and tips for our followers. Enjoy your workout!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Im a new friend via GFC through the bloghop :) Thanks for letting us know about the Jillian Michaels workout DVD..I am so bad about getting started or completing any weightloss programs, but that sounds great!

    ReplyDelete