Thursday, December 23, 2010

101 Goals in 1001 Days

Ok, after A LOT of thought and reading other people's lists, here is my 101 goals that I would like to accomplish in 1001 days.  To find out more about this project, you can go to:  The Day Zero Project.

The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.


The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

START DATE:  January 1, 2011
STOP DATE:  September 29, 2013

Still to do
Italics=In progress
Red=No longer unattainable
Marked through =Completed

MY LIST
1. Take a photography class

2. Lose another 10 lbs
3. Take a cooking class
4. Run a 5k
5. Run a 10k
6. Run the STL Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon
7. Give up Diet Pepsi for one month (1/31/11)
8. Create a work/craft space
9. Read 50 books
  1. Are You There Vodka, It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler(completed 1/4/11)  
   2. Percy Jackson & the Olympians:  The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan (completed 2/6/11)
   3. Percy Jackson & the Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (completed 2/8/11)
   4. Percy Jackson & the Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan (completed 2/15/11)
   5. Percy Jackson & the Battle of the Labrynth by Rick Riordan (completed 2/20/11)
10. Learn to use my sewing machine
11. Learn a dance on my Flirty Girl Fitness pole and actually do it for my husband
12. Go on a girls weekend trip
13. Don't eat fast food for a week, 3 times (3/3)
14. Volunteer rocking babies at a hospital
15. Get the piano tuned and learn a new song
16. Do 100 sit-ups 4 times a week for 6 consecutive weeks (0/6)
17. Organize all photos
18. Blog about met goals at least once a month (2/33)
19. Write Scott a love letter
20. Scan and organize Scott's childhood pics and pics of his mom and dad
21. Go on a late honeymoon
22. Take dance lessons together
23. Complete Gracie and Caleb's 1st year baby books
24. Write each child a letter to be opened on their wedding day
25. Take my kids camping-in a tent
26. Plant a tree in honor of each of them
27. Teach the kids "The Lord's Prayer"
28. Organize the basement
29. Get downstairs painted and decorated
30. Make at least 20 DIY/Craft projects
31. Either consign or donate all household goods and clothes that are no longer needed
32. Find a way to make extra money
33. Host a board game night for our friends
34. Make homemade gifts for all of the aunts and Mama for Christmas
35. Send a birthday card to my friends on their birthday instead of FB or e-mail
36. Take a friend out to a nice meal and pay for it
37. Walk in the Susan G. Komen walk
38. Donate blood
39. Sign license to be an organ donor
40. Donate $1 to a children's charity for every goal not met
41. Take all of my t-shirts/Scott's t-shirts and make a t-shirt quilt
42. Go on at least 2 trips alone together every year, even if just for a weekend.
43. Go to the gym/workout at least 3 times per week.
44. Make my bed everyday for 1 month.
45. Take my children to a multi-cultural fair.
46. Take my children to a historical site.
47. Take my children on a hike
48. Clean up all of the stuff on my computer.
49. Scrub all baseboards in the house and paint with primer
50. Buy a new dining room table
51. Re-upholster kitchen table set
52. Buy a canvas, paint something and use it in my house
53. Make a picnic and go spend the day in Forest Park with the family
54. Take my kids to the circus
55. Complete the 200 Sit Up Challenge
56. Drink 8 glasses of water everyday for a month (2/28/11)
57. Learn more about affiliate marketing and how to make some extra money through blogging. Made first $20 on 1/7/11
58. Visit a nursing home
59. Have each child adopt a child at Christmas time and buy presents
60. Start or Join a book club
61. Visit friends in Colorado
62. Visit friends in Texas
63. Learn to make jewelry (not professionally)
64. Take my kids to the Farmer's Market and make a meal out of our finds
65. Start a dinner club with just girls and try a new restaurant one time a month
66. Take my children to the Renaissance Festival
67. Participate in a 26 Things Project
68. Stay in a bed and breakfast with my husband
69. Eat a cheeseburger in paradise
70. Get a facial
71. Get up and put clothes on every week day for one month and not lay around in pajamas all day (workout clothes count if I am going to the gym)
72. Go to Napa Valley with my husband
73. Go apple picking with the family and then make apple sauce
74. Make my bed everyday for a month
75. Answer the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind
76. Complete a Project 365
77. Get my nose pierced
78. Go to a rock climbing class with Kanin and Scott
79. Go ice skating with the family (Completed in January 2011)
80. Meet a blog friend in real life (Completed on 2/26/11)
81. Become a volunteer for the Pujols Family Foundation working with Down Syndrome children
82. See Dave at Red Rocks in Colorado
83. Have teeth whitened
84. Go watch the Cardinals in another city.
85. Go on a family vacation other than Disney World
86. Go back to Disney World
87. Re-Read "The Five Love Languages"
88. Create a cookbook of my mom's, Granny's and my favorite meals
89. Post some of the poems I have written
90. Take my parents to a show at the Fox Theater
91. Have an outdoor movie night with the neighborhood kids
92. Take my kids to the ocean
93. Make fresh salsa
94. Complete the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels (2/22/11)
95. Visit Yankee Stadium, preferrably a STL Cardinals vs Yankees but any game will do
96. Have the rest of my professional pictures framed and hang them up
97. Plant herbs and use them in cooking
98. Finally start a savings account for each child and contribute monthly
99. Take my kids to a pottery/ceramic decorating place so they can make gifts
100. Make a wreath for each season
101.  Complete this list and write another 101!

4 comments:

  1. Great list April! This is super inspiring, I have such a hard time committing to things tho! I can't wait to watch you accomplish all these! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such fun! I'm a bit overwhelmed trying to come up with 101 things, but I might have to mull this over and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can help you make #41 happen! If you're feeling adventurous and want to get started on making that T-shirt quilt, we would be happy walk you through the steps.

    ReplyDelete