Saturday, December 4, 2010

12 Days of Christmas/Show Us Your Decorations-Day 12

Of all the days of the 12 Days of Christmas with Aly and Molly, I have been dreading this day.  If you read along with me you know that I have started to try to get this house decorated and then right in the middle of my project came Christmas which is a whole different kind of decorating.

Earlier in the week, we had a craft night where the kids colored toy soldiers along with making a gingerbread house and dough ornaments.  The toy soldiers are proudly displayed on our mantel.  I know it isn't a mantel from Home and Gardens but the kids love the fact that we put them out for everyone to see.


Gaga and I are sharing a nail.  The previous owner must have only put 4 stockings up and these 4 nails are spaced perfectly.  With my measuring skills I definitely was not going to take those nails out and try to put 5 in.  I am going to buy stocking holders that spell out PEACE.


Here is a picture of our "big" tree, the one that Santa visits. 


Don't look too closely . . . a lot of the ornaments are slowly making their way up the tree as my sweet baby Caleb keeps pulling the bottom ones off.  By the time Christmas actually gets here the bottom of the tree will be bare.


The piano is in our dining room.  I used ornaments from my angel tree to decorate.  The nativity scene is from Partylite that I got for FREE by hosting a party a few years ago.




I call this my angel tree.  Most of the ornaments on the tree were Scott's mom's.  A couple of years ago my sister-in-law went through and divided them all up.  There were angels, snowflakes and bells so I have tried to pick up more ornaments as I see them.  Normally, the angel tree is actually a bigger tree but I wanted to put the white ornaments against the red wall and my black buffet, which was also Scott's mom's.  I just refurbished it.  You can read about that here.


These tree sit on my dining room table.  I got them from Wal-mart a few years ago for $10 and I love them.  They are almost a velour type material with sparkles all over them.

I love this little sign and I have gotten so many compliments on it being my header.  I got it at Dollar General this past Monday night for $3.00.


Well, that's it.  I am contemplating putting a tree up in the toy room but I may just be asking for trouble.  As the kids grow older I will probably get more stylish with the decorating but, for now, the kids love it and that's all that matters!

5 comments:

  1. I love the "HOMW" snowman sign! So cute! And only 3 bucks?! SCORE!!

    Your agnel tree is really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have just turned into the decorating queen!! I love it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soldiers on the mantle!! That is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree!!!! Very cute!! I think the bows might be my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL your stuff is awesome...and with 3 little ones...don't know how you find time to do it all!!!

    ReplyDelete