Thursday, December 2, 2010

12 Days of Christmas/Favorite Christmas Carols-Day 10

On the 10th day of Christmas we are discussing our Favorite Christmas carols.  Check out Aly and Molly, our hosts.







 
My all-time favorite Christmas carol has to be "O Holy Night".  I honestly don't know if I have ever heard a bad version of the song but the one that really stands out in my mind is my Michael Crawford (the original Phantom of the Opera).  I distinctly remember being in college and we had gone over to Carbondale to the mall to Christmas shop.  I walked into the music store they have and heard his version of it and I was mesmerized.
 
 



Of course, most of the Christmas carols bring back so many memories and are beautiful in their own right.

Silent Night
Noel
We Three Kings

I just love Christmas music.  I'm not one of those people that get upset when they play all day Christmas music on the radio.  Christmas music puts me in the spirit.

For non-secular music, my absolute favorite Christmas song is Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You.  I could just dance all over the house to that one!



What are your favorite songs?

3 comments:

  1. i love oh holy night :) you're right, there are few (if any) bad versions of it.
    also, i LOVE your header! how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I just love Christmas music especially Oh Holy Night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O Holy Night is my favorite, too! I don't think I've ever gotten through ANY version of it without getting teary-eyed. The version by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete