Friday, December 24, 2010

An Early Christmas Present

I woke up this morning and made Rum and Egg Nog French Toast for the family.  (Try it, it is good!)  So, while we are eating Scott asked me if I wanted to open up a present early.  "No, I'll wait," I tell him.  Waiting until Christmas Day goes back to childhood with me . . .

Growing up we always went to my grandparents' house on Christmas Day.  I mean, we got up and left the house by about 9:00am.  Because we always went to the grandparents' house, my parents decided that we would open Christmas presents on Christmas Eve so that we didn't have to get up, open presents and then leave them all day long.  The problem (although I didn't think it was a problem at the time), though, was that we usually never even made it to Christmas Eve to open the presents.  When we were in high school we waited but I remember being in elementary school and several years the day we were let out of school for Christmas break, we would open our presents.  The logic, which is actually a pretty good one, was why waste four days of Christmas break when there are tons of new toys to play with waiting under the tree.  My dad was always so excited to see us open our presents that he could never wait.  As we got older, my sister and I were able to hold our excitement and just wait until Christmas Eve.  Even though that was our tradition, I always wanted to wait until Christmas morning and then run out and tear open gifts.  You know, like what you see in the movies.

Ok, fast forward back to this morning. 

So, Scott asked me if I wanted to open a present early and I said no.  As day the went on, we were starting to get prepared for tonight and Scott still hadn't bought his gift card for the adult exchange..  He said he was going to run out and get it real quick so I asked him if he would go to Walgreen's and pick up a video tape.  "For what?" he asked.
"So I can video the kids tomorrow morning," I told him.

"Do you want to open up one of your presents early?" he asked me again. 
"What is with this guy," I thought.  "No, I don't."

"Come on," he said.

"Fine," I said.  "Clearly, he is not going to give up on this."

So, he goes and gets the present and guess what it is?



How cool is that?  I can take 4 hours of video and send it directly to You Tube or Facebook.  I can take still pictures and it is in full HD.

"See," he said.  "I told you that you wanted to open a present.  Now, I don't have to go to Walgreen's." 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! How awesome! I hope you are getting some good video today! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Scott! He's seriously the best present picker ever. I don't know how he thinks of these things, but what a perfect gift for you!

    ReplyDelete