Wednesday, December 1, 2010

12 Days of Christmas-Favorite Holiday Recipe-Day 9

Today is Day 9 of the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge hosted by Aly and Molly.  


 
I really don't have any favorite holiday recipes.  With both sides of our family, Christmas is an informal event where we all just bring appetizers and set the food out for everyone to munch on all day. 
 
I'm not sure of all the dishes that I will make but I know that I will have to bring this one:
 
Hot Wing Dip
2-3 blocks of cream cheese (I use light)
2-3 cans of chicken (or a rotisserie chicken)
1 bottle of Ranch dressing
1 bottle of Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
Some shredded cheese
1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
 
Directions:  Warm the chicken in a skillet.  Cut up the blocks of cream cheese and put them in with the chicken along with the Greek yogurt or sour cream.  Once the cream cheese has started to melt and blend with the chicken, add the Buffalo Wing Sauce.  If it is a large bottle, I put in about 1/2-3/4 of the bottle.  Add 1 cup of Ranch dressing.  Mix together. 
 
Place in a 9x13 baking dish and spread the shredded cheese over the top.  Bake for 10-15 minutes.  Serve with tortilla chips, celery or carrots.
(You may want to taste the dish while it is still on the stovetop to make sure it isn't too hot for you.  If it is, add more Ranch.  If it isn't add more Frank's sauce)
 
If you have a more formal affair, check out my turkey recipe on my food blog:  Turkey with Cranberry Glaze.  I've made this recipe the last 2 years for Thanksgiving and I've been told that it is the best turkey ever tasted.
 
I am always looking for recipes, holiday or otherwise, to try out on my food blog so please pass them along!

3 comments:

  1. I've made this before, SOOOOO good!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove hot wing dip! I can literally make myself sick on it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to make this!!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete