Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies & Milk Bath



As I've said before, I am not a crafty person but I want to be crafty.  I found this on The Motherload and instantly thought, "I can do that!"  So, if you are looking for a thoughtful, homemade gift, here you go:

Oatmeal Cookies & Milk Bath
1 cup cornstarch
2 cups powdered milk
1/2 cup otameal (not instant)
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:  Mix all ingredients together in blender or food processor until it is a fine powder.  Add 2 Tbsps of the mixture to your bath.

Here's what I started with:

I put everything in a food processor and then transferred them over to jars.






I had to go back and buy more powdered milk.  The recipe above fills 1 full and about 1/3 of another jar.  For 8 jars it was about $25. 
Approximately $7.00 for 12 jars
$3.00 for 3 boxes of corn starch at Wal-Mart
Approximately $4.00 for the first box of powdered milk which only had 3 cups total of milk.  Another $6.00 for another 8 cups
$3.00 for a container of oats
I already had the cinnamon


I found these ornaments at Wal-Mart for $1.00 each.  The ribbon was 2 rolls of 25 feet for $5. 

I printed printed off the labels from Microsoft Office.

Easy gift!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! What a great idea! The ornament really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea!
    And thanks for sending the recipe. I didn't get to that one, but am definitely keeping it!
    How crazy that you used to teach in Sikeston! I actually grew up in Benton but consider myself a Sikeston girl now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea!! I love gifts like these. Thanks for sharing & linking it up for Craftify It Thursday! :D

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete