Earlier in the week I found this wonderful blog, At Second Street, where the Kalleen had created a Believe Banner. She so graciously gave all of the letters out to be printed.
I thought that this looked like a project that I could actually do so I decided to give it a try.
First, I followed the instructions from At Second Street and sent them off to Walgreens. The total was about $6.00.
Here are the cards that I got from Walgreens. I wish that I would have printed them at 5x7. These are turned the wrong way so each letter is around 3x4 (give or take).
Here's what I started with: 1 roll of ribbon, a small little ruler, and an exacto knife.
I measured the card to see how much I needed to cut off.
I cut the edges so that they were all somewhat even.
I started out trying to measure it and then I just eye-balled it. If I have to think too much while being creative then there is really no fun in it!
Next, I held the ribbon up to the card to get an idea where to make the slit.
My ribbon was 2" so I tried to go just a bit over that so I knew that it would fit through the hole. I used the longest straight side of the ruler so that I wouldn't run my exacto knife off of the page. I cut a hole in each side of the card.
I then took the ribbon through the back of each card.
This is what it looked like all strung together.
I hung it up on the mirror in my downstairs bathroom.
I cannot thank Kalleen enough for this inspiration. Please go check out her site.
This project took me about 15 minutes from start to finish. It was so easy and I am so glad that I didn't stress out about having the exact measurements. Love it!