Sunday, January 2, 2011

11 in 2011 Day 3: Favorite Work-Out Tips

This post is part of the 11 in 2011 Blog Party:


 
 
{1}
I don't know if it is a favorite tip but I will say my most effective tip is don't skip the weights. 

So many people, especially women, are intimidated when it comes to lifting weights.  If you go to a gym and you don't understand or know how to use either a weight machine or weights, ask a trainer or a worker.

If you work out at home, buy some light weights to incorporate into your workout routine.

{2}
Choose an exercise that you like to do, you will be more likely to stick with it.
 
{3}
Buy an ipod and download your favorite music.
 
{4}
Don't push yourself too hard at first.  The last thing you want to do is have the motivation but be injured.

3 comments:

  1. Great tips :)

    Having an iPod is very important :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that you need to lift the weights. It can be very intimidating at the gym, but I've had my brother help me with simple exercises, so now I can do them on my own and feel confident about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely skip the weights a lot. The trainer I had at the beginning of the year tried to convince me of the significance. Maybe I should invest in some for the house...

    ReplyDelete