Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back Among the Living

After 5 days, I finally feel like I am coming back to the land of the living.  On Tuesday morning, about 2:30am, I woke up to horrible stomach pains.  By 4:30am, I finally just got out of bed because there was no way that I could sleep.  All day Tuesday the pains kept coming accompanied by the other two "sicknesses" but nothing horrible.  The main problem were the pains.  The only way I know to describe it is that it felt like labor pains.  They were consistent, about every 10 minutes, and they just kept coming and coming.

Finally, I couldn't take anymore and I went to the ER.  Because they were in my stomach, and after checking every on-line diagnosis site there is, I was afraid that it could be my appendix, gall bladder or kidney stone.  So off to the ER I went.  I took along my new Bloggie and captured it here.

I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis or the stomach flu.  Apparently, this is totally different than influenza and I was very upset that all of this pain could come from the stomach flu.  Who has ever heard of having the flu but only have stomach pains and, besides that first day, none of the other yuckiness that accompanies the flu.

5 days later, today, I woke up and I am feeling so much better.  There are only very slight, slight pains.  I am so thankful that this thing is coming to an end.  I was so convinced that the doctor was wrong but it looks like I was the one who was wrong, thank God!

Anyway, now that I'm feeling better I feel like my 2011 has started and I can't wait to get going on all of my new projects and goals.









11 comments:

  1. Your blog is sooo cute! Glad you are feeling better! I am sick myself today. No fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swingin' By Sunday and GFC following...ifn you have a moment, please stop by my place and follow back... Mad Moose Mama - http://www.madmoosemama.blogspot.com Have yourself a groovy day...peaces...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower on GFC, found you on Swingin By Sunday, hope you can check my blog soon, 2 giveaways.
    http://musings-by-michele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better April. I just caught the cold Taylor is fighting. Sore throat, runny nost, coughing, and sneezing. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing! I'm so glad that you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm your newest follower from the Sunday Blog Hops! Please visit my blog at: http://adventuresofathriftymommy.blogspot.com/ I'd love a follow back!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are feeling better! I've had that stomach cramping before and it's awful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yuck! My entire family was struck down by the dreaded puke-a-palooza last year! And we truly thought we were going to die. I could go the rest of my life w/o experiencing that again. Glad your feeling better...hope it doesn't return. I'm visiting from FTLOB...what a great blog. I have 4 kids- all boys-and there is never a dull moment! Off to read more of your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from Sunday’s blog hop and am your newest a follower and hope you will hop on by to one of my blogs too!

    Blogs
    http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com
    http://btrbb.blogspot.com
    http://tawnassecret.blogspot.com

    Tawna

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad you are feeling better! my whole family was sick right before Christmas - yuck! It seemed endless as it passed from one to the next, hitting us all.

    Hope you are 100% soon!

    new follower from relax & surf sunday!

    come follow me back at
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com

    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete